Last Updated on February 15, 2021 by Bright Past
Removing your name from Google search is not as simple as making a phone call or a request to a single authoritative person. If you do find negative results about yourself or your business, there are effective steps you can take to resolve the problem. One way to accomplish this quickly is by using an online reputation service to suppress Google search results. In some cases, you may be able to do some of the work yourself, and the following explains how to do this.
Create Optimized Social Media Profiles
Social media plays a very important role in removing negative search engine results. All of the major social media platforms rank highly on Google, and this is where you want to start with your suppression campaign. Learn how to use each platform effectively with positive daily engagement. This is one of the best ways to change your online reputation. Being on social media is also excellent SEO for your business website, and positive engagement will help you grow an audience that rates you or your company highly.
Create Personal Blogs
Blogs are not only an excellent way get fresh content on the web, they can also help you remove negative search results. You can sign up to WordPress, Medium, Tumblr and Blogger for free and create both personal and business blogs. The following guidelines will help you with suppression:
- Start with two platforms. WordPress and Medium are the best choices because of their wide reach and fast indexing.
- Use the exact spelling of your name or the name you are attempting to remove. Avoid using dots, dashes or spaces, if possible.
- Ensure that the URL of the blog contains the name you want to change results for. In most cases, this is created automatically when you sign up, but you should always double check in case you made a spelling error.
- Use your name in the blog title and keywords. This is one of the most important steps because it determines how your blog appears in search engine results and will be the first thing that people notice.
- Use your name and keywords in blog post titles. This will make your positive results stand out even more. Be sure to use accurate meta descriptions and keywords to maximize your SEO and suppress Google search results.
Use Press Releases
Press releases are a powerful tool utilized by companies for announcement purposes. Online reputation companies have turned to press releases and article submission as a way to influence search engine results and push slander and negative websites off page one of Google. Press release distribution networks can help get your information out quickly with a high ranking. While most of these networks cost $50 to $500 per each release or article, there are some free ones that can help you remove negative information from search engines.
When engaging in a suppression campaign, it is important to remember that the negative results will not magically disappear. They are simply being pushed off the first page of Google where fewer people are likely to see them.