Last Updated on February 15, 2021 by Bright Past
The internet is the cultural and business center of the modern world. Creating and maintaining a positive reputation is what makes companies successful. Even the best curated brands can suffer permanent damage from just a few poor reviews or negative comments on social media. You need to understand the stakes that are involved when it comes to your online image.
Using an online reputation management firm can help make this job easier and do crisis control when necessary.
What an Online Reputation Manager Does
Aside from assisting you with negative feedback and easing your brand through a crisis, an online reputation manager will utilize a variety of strategies to protect your image. This approach also works with individuals like company executives or CEOs who are dealing with bad publicity. The strategies include the following:
• Management of search engine optimization. The rank of your business website in Google is based on search engine optimization or SEO, which is a collection of techniques that increase traffic. An online reputation manager will adjust your SEO to make it easier for people to find your brand or business. SEO can also be used to emphasize the positive aspects of your company and push the negative information down in ranking. This keeps it off the first page of search results and makes it less likely that people will see it.
• Management of content development. Your website needs quality content to rank highly in the search engines and preserve your reputation. The reputation management service will make sure that your blog and the pages on your website are organized, easy to navigate and offer fresh, relevant content. The service may also help you to create new content to improve your ranking and increase your company’s credibility.
• Management of social media. Social media is the beating heart of internet culture, and it is often used by businesses to create buzz and engagement. While platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter can push your business to new heights, all three can also be a nightmare if there is even one inappropriate post or photo. An online reputation management service will help you make your social feeds business-friendly, and it can keep an eye on how social media is affecting your brand overall.
• Management of reviews. Another benefit of using an online reputation management firm is the promotion of positive reviews on large social networks. Negative reviews are reported to you so that you can solve the problem immediately. Since the negative feedback is not promoted, people see only the good reviews and form an opinion based on those. It is the psychology of perception versus reality.
• Monitoring of third-party websites. You have full control of your own channels, but you cannot control what happens on the rest of the web. Negative reviews are a large part of this, but third-party websites can be a problem as well, especially if they are run by unhappy customers or disgruntled former employees. Reputation management services can monitor the web for this kind of activity and let you know what is being said about you and your brand.
All of the above steps are required to successfully manage your company’s reputation online. Make sure the firm you choose employs all of these techniques.
BrightPast is an online reputation management service that will help your business or brand to keep its positive image. Visit the website to learn more about how the process works.