Last Updated on February 15, 2021 by Bright Past
To be successful in the digital world, a person must manage their public relations, reviews and social media presence carefully. A small amount of negative feedback can quickly damage a reputation it took years to build. Using an online reputation management service is a good first step for removing bad content, promoting positive reviews and navigating a crisis. The following explains how the process works and what to look for in online reputation management services for individuals.
What Online Reputation Management Services Do
An online reputation management service provides assistance far beyond reviews and handling a sudden crisis. It employs various tactics to protect and restore a person’s good name. This is especially helpful to those who are often in the spotlight, such as celebrities and business leaders. The strategies used include the following:
- SEO management
- Content development
- Social media clean up
- Review promotion
- Website monitoring
It also important for an online management reputation company to help with channels that are beyond an individual’s control, such as review sites like Glassdoor and Yelp, along with the websites and blogs of disgruntled people.
Choosing the Right Online Reputation Management Service
Most reputation companies offer the same types of services, but it is important to find the subtle differences between them and choose the right one based on individual needs. The following tips will help with this process:
• Have clear goals. Whether it is the simple monitoring of an online presence or a more complex task of managing reviews, improving SEO and cleaning up social media profiles, it is crucial to choose a company that meets personal objectives.
• Consider customer service. When the reputation company is contacted, it should listen, understand needs and be genuinely interested in working with an individual. Other considerations are working with an assigned manager and transparency about the campaign. The person should always be treated as a human being and not a number.
• Do careful research. Online reputation management services for individuals should have a positive image as well. They should avoid black hat practices, and their current and previous clients should speak highly of the results they received. In addition, reputable companies will have attractive, functional and professional websites that provide background information on their top executives.
What to Avoid for the Best Results
The best approach is using a company that adheres to Google’s best practices, also known as white hatting. This means utilizing proper SEO with quality content to get the best results. White-hat techniques are all about honesty and transparency. It takes longer, but it brings better, long-lasting results. If an online reputation management company does any of the following, it should not be used:
• Astroturfing tactics. This is the creation of fake accounts to post positive feedback or paying people to write comments for a reputation boost.
• Creating fake content and websites. This approach increases search engine results to block out negativity for a person’s name or their business name.
• Stuffing keywords. This involves overusing keywords in a website to increase ranking. Google often penalizes such practices.
• Link spamming. The overuse of links to positive content may also bring a search-engine penalty.
• Hidden text. This is the practice of placing extra keywords on a website but making them the same color as the background so they are invisible to the naked eye.
• Spam bots, hacking and denial of service. These are all bad methods and should never be used in an honest reputation campaign./em>
A company should be selected for its commitment to transparency, honesty, and quality. Black-hat practices only bring harm in the long term.
When it comes to online reputation management services for individuals, BrightPast has the staff and experience to get the best results. Call 800-921-9704 to schedule a consultation or visit the website today.